in the beginning
It all started with Romeo Mainetti, a skilful racing car mechanic, who moved from Reggio Emilia to Valdagno, to work for the young Marzotto Counts who were all keen racing drivers.
The father of these young drivers was Count Gaetano, from the world famous textile company Marzotto.
In the early 1950's, Marzotto recognised the need for ready-made suits, naturally requiring the use of clothes hangers, which at the time were all made of wood.
Mario Mainetti worked for a plastics company and together with Romeo conceptualised producing high quality, ergonomically designed, plastic hangers which would present garments better than bulky and expensive wooden hangers.
Romeo and Mario had two other brothers, Luigi and Gianni.
The four brothers set up Fratelli Mainetti (FM), opening up a small workshop in San Quirico, close to Valdagno.
The business was established in 1961, Gianni took care of the marketing side of the business, Luigi managed production, and Romeo and Mario were responsible for the engineering disciplines.
Initially designing and producing hangers for Marzotto the business grew and soon began supplying all the major garment manufacturers in Italy: Monti, San Remo, Max Mara, Rinascente, and Gruppo Finanziario Tessile
The company moved to Castlegomberto quickly establishing a reputation for innovation and quality, the rest as they say is history.